The first Village Hall in Wembury opened in 1922 and consisted of two First World War huts joined together. By the end of the Second World War the hall, which had no facilities, was in a very poor condition. In December 1945 it was decided that a new Wembury War Memorial Village Hall would be built near the old hall. In July 1956 the new Wembury War Memorial Village Hall, comprising kitchen, toilets, main hall and stage, was opened by Julian Gilbert aged 8 of West Wembury Farm assisted by Sir Henry Studholme MP of Wembury House. In late 1960 further expansion took place with a new kitchen, toilets and an enlarged main hall. The Knighton Room and rear storage area were added in the 1990s.
In 2015, in line with Government recommendations, Wembury War Memorial Village Hall converted from an unincorporated charity into a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO). This gave the charity legal personality and has certain legal advantages.
Wembury War Memorial Village Hall is now a modern facility serving the Parish of Wembury and catering for a wide range of events and activities. A detailed list can be found on the website. The Hall is also a suitable venue for meetings, private functions and parties.
Wheelchair access is available in all areas. There is a large car park available for hall users.
The Village Hall is adjacent to the “Odd Wheel” pub and ¾-mile from Wembury Church and beach.
Click on the map image for a full map and navigation to the Hall.
© Copyright Wembury War Memorial Village Hall Trustees - All rights reserved | Powered by Freshwave